The Alpisack without the optional top lid, packed at maximum capacity.
The KS Ultralight Alpisack is a 50L frameless ultralight backpack weighing 21 oz (18.5 oz w/o optional components), that’s suitable for 4 season use. Being frameless, it can’t carry much more than 25 pounds of gear and consumables, but it’s well outfitted for ultralight backpacking in semi-alpine environments, with plenty of external attachment points to carry traction aids and ice axes.
KS Ultralight Gear is a Japanese cottage backpack maker that sells a wide range of frameless ultralight backpacks. The backpack being raffled is their standard Alpisack with a 210d Dyneema Gridstop body and 500d Cordura base, front, and back. It has two side water bottle pockets, two tiers of side compression straps, an optional top lid, and optional hip belt pocket. For complete specs and more photos of the backpack, see my KS Ultralight Alpisack review from December 2017. This is a sweet ultralight backpack that carries very much like a frameless Mountain Laurel Design’s Exodus or ULA CDT backpack.
Deadline to Enter
The deadline to enter this raffle is Tuesday, February 20, 2018, at midnight PST.
- All raffle entrants will have one chance to win.
- Raffle entrants who submit more than one entry will be disqualified.
- The item being raffled is a KS Ultralight Gear Alpisack Backpack with a value of $200.
- The winner will be selected randomly from all valid entries and notified by email. Failure to respond to email in 3 days may result in prize forfeiture.
- The winner will be notified by email and listed on our Raffle Winners page.
- Please keep everything rated G.
- The prize winners may live anywhere.
- If you have any questions, leave a comment.
To enter this random raffle for a chance to win a free KS Ultralight Gear Alpisak, answer the following questions in a comment below. One entry per person only. Brevity is appreciated.
- What do you use to keep the hiking gear in your backpack dry when it rains? Choose one or more: rain cover | pack liner | garbage bag | umbrella | waterproof stuff sacks | packa poncho | nothing | other (please specify).
- Please provide the manufacturer name for the items you chose in question 1 (in order).
- Would you describe yourself more of a backpacker or a day hiker?
- Trash compactor bag, Umbrella
- Whatever’s on sale | Golite umbrella
- Rain cover | waterproof stuff sacks
- Osprey | sea to summit stuff sacks
- Waterproof stuff sacks
- Assorted brands
- Day hiker